Rich in greens and proteins, this beef stir-fry is on your table in a flash. Sichuan pepper works beautifully with tender beef and Chinese leafy greens.
Cooking Time :15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbs extra light olive oil
- 500g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Woolworths Select Sichuan Pepper
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli), washed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 60ml (1/4 cup) char siu sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining oil and beef, reheating the wok between batches.
- Add the broccolini, garlic and Sichuan pepper to wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the broccolini is just tender.
- Add the beef, gai lan, char siu sauce and soy sauce to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon the rice among serving dishes and top with the beef mixture. Sprinkle with Thai basil to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Omit the beef stir-fry strips. In step 1, add 320g firm tofu, drained, cut into thin strips, to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced, with the gai lan in step 3.